Innovative solutions drive engine distributor, Perkins Pacific’s, successFriday, September 23, 2016
Perkins Pacific was founded in 1996 on a single ideal: a commitment to customer service. “Service sells; it did then and it still does now,” said Andy Machin, vice president of Perkins Pacific.
As a distributor of Perkins engines, Perkins Pacific has grown from a small, two-state distributor to a national company with one of the nation’s leading diesel engine remanufacturing programs. Today, the company provides Perkins power solutions for OEMs in 15 Western states from Alaska to Oklahoma and remanufactured engines nationwide.
The company has significant material handling expertise and has powered product lines for trusted names such as Genie and Kalmar RT. In order to develop innovative power systems for material handling OEM customers, Perkins Pacific has a large in-house application engineering and design team based at a 1100,000 sq. ft. facility about 15 minutes north of Portland, Ore. This helps streamline the process of selecting the optimal combination of components needed for a successful power solution and develop value-added solutions.
Building on the company’s commitment to customer service, Perkins Pacific has developed a First Fit Pilot Center where new engine integration is extensively tested in simulated and real-world tests to ensure that equipment has the highest-level performance.
Perkins Pacific has also led the frontier into a newer area of customer service – aftermarket support. Years after customers purchase equipment powered by a Perkins engine, Perkins Pacific’s team of support engineers works with local service dealers to ensure that any operation or service issues are solved quickly so that equipment owners can get back to their important work.
Fast facts about Perkins Pacific:
- Serves Perkins customers in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
- 27 years of experience as a Perkins distributor.
- 110,000 square feet of engineering, assembly, re-manufacturing, administration and distribution space.
- Five full-service locations and the largest Perkins parts inventory in North America.
- In-house engineering, design, assembly and testing capabilities.
- Manufacturing capacity for more than 50,000 new Perkins engine packages per year.
- Perkins Certified Training Center for OEM personnel.
- One of the largest diesel engine re-manufacturers in the U.S. with the capacity to produce 10,000 engines per year.