Honeywell unveils Uvex Avatar™ safety eyewear to fit diverse millennial workforce
Honeywell announced it has unveiled an innovative new line of safety eyewear combining style and customized features especially designed for today’s diverse millennial workforce.
Now comprising more than 1-in-3 U.S. workers, millennials are a tech-savvy, style-conscious generation that is pushing employers to take a fresh approach to personal protective equipment. Honeywell’s new Uvex Avatar line of safety eyewear, with 12 advanced features, offers the personalized fit, fog-free protection and attractive style options they seek.
“Millennials expect more customization in color, style and fit in their eyewear and Avatar delivers on all fronts,” said Wanda Sanchez-Miller, senior product marketing manager for Honeywell Industrial Safety, a global leader in personal protective equipment. “To encourage all-day wear, Avatar is fashioned after popular sport-inspired and recreational designs, uses advanced materials to provide a secure, no-slip grip, and incorporates innovative adjustability features to more comfortably fit an increasingly diverse workforce.”
Eight points of adjustability coupled with Honeywell’s exclusive Multi-Material Technology® Plus (MMT+) for exceptional flexibility, grip and comfort make Avatar a customizable and comfortable choice. Key features of Avatar include:
- Soft temple tip pads for an ergonomic fit beneath helmets
- Angle-adjustable ratchet temples delivering a 15° adjustment range for customized fit
- Insulated wire-core temples for superior adjustability and dielectric wear
- Flexible, wraparound temples with MMT+ for custom flex and fit
- Innovative flexible nose pad and floating nose loop (patent pending technology)
- Soft temples and nose pad made with MMT+ for grip and comfort
- Soft brow frame constructed of MMT+ for cushioned comfort
- Ultra-light frame constructed of leading-edge composite materials
Select pairs of Avatar come with Uvex HydroShield®, the industry’s top-performing anti-fog lens coating and hardcoat, to combat fog and scratches longer in every environment. A patent-pending indirect venting system promotes air circulation to further reduce the effects of fog.
Avatar’s nine-base wraparound lens maximizes field of vision and protective coverage, and is available in five tints – clear, gray, amber, blue mirror, and SCT-Reflect 50 – suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Frames are available in five colors: black, blue, red, teal, and yellow. Avatar is dielectric and meets the ANSI Z87.1, CSA Z94.32, and EN166 safety standards.